Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ramp hosted

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
GoldenGateNetwork
1282 Views, 8 Replies

ramp hosted

Good afternoon. I am making a street parking on a hill and I want my cars to follow the slope of the ramp. I was trying to combine a floor hosted generic model with my car and it did not work. any suggestions please? 🙂 

Thank you and stay safe over there, wherever you are.

Ramp floor hosted.png

I am working on my NCARB towards my California Architect License,
if you think you can help me to complete my AXP, please let me know, I will really appreciate it. Thank you & Stay Wealthy, Happy, Healthy and Safe 🙂 
Pedro Nel Ospina Hincapié
Bachelor in Architecture - Naval Architecture Student
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Make sure your car Generic model --> Family Category and parameters -->Always Vertical Box is Unchecked or not. 

Like this !! 

IMG_20200428_084858__01.jpg

If its unchecked, place the car and Use the Pick New Host option and place as per your own. 

IF PROBLEM RESOLVED, ACCEPT THIS AS SOLUTION.

Message 3 of 9

You need to buy the cars that are "Work Plane-Based" and not "Always Vertical".

Or, bike. 

Message 4 of 9

ok thank you. I will buy the work plane based cars as soon as I can afford them. stay safe out there 😉

if you think you can help me to complete my AXP, please let me know, I will really appreciate it. Thank you & Stay Wealthy, Happy, Healthy and Safe 🙂 
Message 5 of 9

Good morning @Lakshman01  thank you very much, I accepted @barthbradley solution by mistake. I followed yours, and it worked. thank you very much.

Thank you 1.pngvery much.png 

Message 6 of 9

Good morning @barthbradley  thank you for your response, I accepted this as a solution but I followed @Lakshman01  directions and it worked. thank you and stay safe over there. thank you again for previous soultions, they have been very useful.Thank you 1.pngvery much.png

Message 7 of 9

You are very welcome, @GoldenGateNetwork. I appreciate the credit too. Who doesn't like a "win"? 

FWIW: checking "Work Plane-Based" and unchecking "Always Vertical" works for just about any family. Doesn't take away any functionally. It just adds some.  

Take Care! 

Note: "Work Plane-Based" NOT "Always Vertical" Families will host to NAMED Ref. Planes as well.  

Message 8 of 9

Yeah you are welcome!!  @GoldenGateNetwork  and rendered output is looking good !! 

Thanks

Message 9 of 9

Render output?, yes I am using a render engine plugin called "Enscape" 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report