Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramp Cross Slope

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PhilvK
262 Views, 3 Replies

Ramp Cross Slope

How can I find the cross slope on a curving ramp without having to go into the geometry?

Also, how do you change the point elevation format when you go into Modify Sub-Elements?  I'd like them to be in decimal feet format while leaving the Levels in feet and inches. Thanks!

Cross Slope and point format.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: PhilvK

Not sure what you mean by cross-slope. There is no cross-slope. Draw a Ref. Plane from the outside edge of the ramp to the center point of the ramp (SC) and then place spot elevations at the intersection of both ramp edges with the RP.  Betcha they're the same Elevations.  

Message 3 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: PhilvK

Points inside Modify Sub-Elements mode use Project Units.  Is that what you are asking? 

FWIW: you can enter values in decimal feet even if the Project Units are Feet/Inches. Revit will convert it.   

Message 4 of 4
PhilvK
in reply to: barthbradley

If you had the outer edge higher at the ends so that a ramp for instance would inwards, the difference would create the cross slope. I was just looking for a 'point and click' way to get that slope. Thanks!

Cross Slope.jpg

+

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report