Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R2015 - disallow join for curtain walls

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
htews
3572 Views, 5 Replies

R2015 - disallow join for curtain walls

anyone figure out how to set disallow join for curtain walls prior to drawing them in plan?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Viveka_CD
in reply to: htews

Hi @htews

I suggest that you move the endpoint (of one curtain wall), right click on the curtain wall where you have the blue dot at the endpoint.See image below.

NOTE: if you click anywhere else other than the blue dot you will get a different menudisallaow join.png

From this menu (from blue dot - right click), select disallow join.Then select the other curtain wall and repeat.

Move the endpoints of the wall to position it without referencing the endpoint of the adjacent wall.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted. 

Message 3 of 6
htews
in reply to: Viveka_CD

that I do know how to do but I want to avoid doing this for each and every curtainwall I draw.

I am looking for a preset parameter or something so before I start picking the first point of the curtainwall, I want to make sure that the curtainwall is already set to 'disallow join'.

Thank you Viveka.

Message 4 of 6
PijPiwo

Sorry, not possible with 2015. That option was first introduced in 2017 I believe.

Message 5 of 6
Viveka_CD

Hi @htews

In Python, we have the option of testing a small script using the StructuralFramingUtils.DisallowJoinAtEnd method to automatically prevent any joins at those wall ends.

See link HERE where the user has used “get_JoinType()” and “set_JoinType()”to disallow wall joins.

Click HERE for more information using Dynamo and Python for the same.

Please see this discussion for a similar issue.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Message 6 of 6
Viveka_CD

Hi @htews

We wanted to check back in with you on this post. How is everything working out? Please let us know if further assistance is needed from the community on this post. We are happy to help wherever possible. Thank you and we look forward to your reply update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators