Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to Open Document"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
667 Views, 3 Replies

"Failed to Open Document"

Hello!

I have tried to open a document and it says firs that I need to update the file to Revit 2020. After doing that it says "Failed to Open Document".

I have tried the backup files for this as well and nothing works. Can someone PLEASE help, I will now lose 6 hours of work and I am just learning the program so it will be another 6 hours of work that I don't have time for. I have tried every troubleshooting issue that I can find. The file is too big to upload here. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

see if you can Open the File with "Audit" Checked.  

...something I don't understand. Why are you Upgrading the Project? Why don't you Open it with the Version you've been working in?  You don't have to Upgrade it if you don't want to.  Start a Session of the Revit Version you were working in and Open the file via File:Open.    

Message 3 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

the only way we can help you is to share the file here? you can use WETRANSFER and give us the link. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 4
rookio
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hey Guys I am experiencing the same or very similar issue here.

The strange part is that i AM using the same version of revit to open the file, but the error states that it is trying to upgrade from Revit 2009. (never used 2009 in our office)

The message varies depending on whether i try to open in LT or full version.

rookio_0-1603674496995.png

rookio_1-1603674555195.png

In the "Open file" dialog it shows up as "unknown version". I suspect a corrupt file somehow, however i dont understand why it happens also on a backup retrieved from last year which I know previously worked.

Looks like a Re-draw but figured its worth asking if anyone has any other ideas 🙂

This is a Master file stored on our server that has been used many times in the last year. We open and save-as to create the live job. The file itself has not been updated or touched in over 12 months. I have recovered a file backup from our online server from last year and get the same results.

File was created in Revit 2019. I have tried opening it in "Revit 2019",  "LT 2019",  "Revit 2020", "Revit LT 2020", and "Revit 2021"

Due to client confidentiality i am unable to share the file on an open forum, but if an autodesk agent can supply me a secure ( @Anonymous) email address i am willing to share.

Otherwise has anyone else come across this or have any suggestions? 

It is not a workshared file,

I have tried using the Audit option (no change).

Thanks!

Brooke P.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report