Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR code in Revit 18

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
9484 Views, 13 Replies

QR code in Revit 18

Hello 

I want to make a QR code in Revit but i can not get a add'in for revit 18 that work..

Any ideas ?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. Do not look for Revit add-in, use windows application for QR code generation > produce it in image format > Load image with QR code into Revit > Place it on sheet or view.

OR place that image into family type image parameter, create a schedule, place the schedule on sheet (QR codes will appear in the table when on sheet).

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 3 of 14
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk community! Thanks for posting on the Revit Architecture forum.Smiley Happy

There are free/paid code generators available on the internet where you can do the following:

1) Export barcode images (BMP, GIF, JPG, TIF, PNG),

2) Create high-resolution vector images (EPS, PDF, PostScript®)

3) Create single barcodes or a series of barcodes by importing your bar-code data from external text or CSV files.

4) Embed your own logo in your code.

Are you trying to customizing codes on sheets? Or are you trying to superimpose a logo/ image? What is your requirement? 

Looking forward to your reply update.

Regards,

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

How can you then use the QR code in the cloud so you can se the drawing and model on a phone or tablet?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Im trying to find out if you can use the QR code from the 3D model and whwn you scan a element on the constrution site and see the 3D model on your phone or tablet

Message 6 of 14
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

You can try QR Codes 2016-2018 or QR codes 2015 form the Autodesk App Store that helps make text in your drawings scannable using any mobile phone or tablet with a camera. All you need is one of many available QR code reader applications for your device and this plug-in. 

Alternatively, you can try Cloud QR* or similar apps that automatically upload files to the cloud and creates QR codes from the link.

See the following articles:

How to Attach Barcodes in Revit

About Using Barcodes

How do I use Barcodes and QR Codes?

Use a viewer to view Revit models online. Other viewers HERE

Let me know if you have more questions.

*I have provided a link to an application or add-in that MIGHT provide the extra functionality for which you are looking. Please note, however, this is not an Autodesk product or endorsement. You should take all precautions whenever you elect to download/install/utilize any application and do so at your own risk. Please review the developer’s documentation and disclaimers before proceeding to utilize their product(s).

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Okay thanks

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

But Autodesk dont have a QR for revit 18 only for AutoCAD?

Message 9 of 14
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I just got more feedback from the team on this. Yes, we can use Revit as well.

Please see this help article where a rendered panorama can be viewed on a mobile phone. I'm checking if the QR code is automatically generated.

Share via Link to generate a URL for the image.

After the URL is generated, a QR code displays on the bottom-left corner of the dialog box.

Regards,

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Can i put a QR code on a sheet the same way? like a barcode

Message 11 of 14
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I think you can, but the resolution matters.

Check and review the sheet size if it matches the requirements to make the code scannable.

Regards,

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Okay thanks

It is still difficult to make a QR code and put it on a sheet.. 

Message 13 of 14
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Check MyUpdateFile collects all required information and generates a QR code for selected Autodesk® Revit® sheet-views

You have to enter a shared link and select specific printing setting and sheets in order to generate the QR code.

Here is the download link for MyUpdatefile

General Usage Instructions

STEPS:
# Step 01: Start Autodesk Revit Software, login to Autodesk account to use the plugin and open project File in Revit.
# Step 02: After opening the project file, user need to open specific Sheet .
# Step 04: Start Plugin by selecting option from tab "iFieldApp-> MyUpdateFile” .
# Step 06: User needs to select Location, Size and Colour for QR code.
# Step 07: User needs to open the file system server (e.g. box.com) and copy shared link.
# Step 08: User needs to select printing setting and Sheet.
# Step 09: After processing of “Submit“ the plugin generates a QR code automatically with the given information and imports the QR code in all selected sheets.

QR Codes 2016-2018:This plug-in allows you to insert scannable Quick Response (QR) Codes into AutoCAD drawings.

• This help document discusses how to create a QR Code for Multiline Text, Change Existing MText Objects into QR Codes.You may have to export to dwg format to enable this plugin in AutoCAD, generate the QR code and re-insert it in Revit.
  • A more complicated approach to Qr coding for families discussed here and here
  • We have discussed QR codes for renderings (stereo panorama) in the posts above.
  • The QR stuff* is an automatic code generator that helps embed URL into code as-is 

Hope that helps! Please try and let me know if that suits your requirements.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

*I have provided a link to an application or add-in that MIGHT provide the extra functionality for which you are looking. Please note, however, this is not an Autodesk product or endorsement. You should take all precautions whenever you elect to download/install/utilize any application and do so at your own risk. Please review the developer’s documentation and disclaimers before proceeding to utilize their product(s).

Regards,

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

I think is very useful to create these barcodes and use them in the field but is there a way to use an external barcode to import information into Revit to populate a families information? For example, I make a generator, its generic and now I want to assign a manufacturer to it with all the information about this generator for the tradesmen in the field. 

Can this be done? if not I feel like it could be a very useful way to pull accurate manufacturer information quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators