Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with New Autodesk Revit 2024

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rajendra.deshpandehyd
3391 Views, 6 Replies

Problems with New Autodesk Revit 2024

Problems with New Autodesk Revit 2024:

• Autodesk Access is useless as it does not point to correct updates.
  • Project browser docking to right is problematic.
  • Dynamo did not start,

So I have uninstalled Revit 2024

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@rajendra.deshpandehyd wrote:

Why would you come here, a user help forum, if you didn't want help?

Uninstalling doesn't solve those issues. Don't you think that it was a bit rash?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 7

@rajendra.deshpandehyd wrote:

• Autodesk Access is useless as it does not point to correct updates.
    What updates?  It has just been released so there are no updates.
  • Project browser docking to right is problematic.
    Move it to left, top, bottom, or in the middle of your screen then.
  • Dynamo did not start,
    ToanDN_0-1681229152244.png

Message 4 of 7

Dear Fellow User,

That was not rash. Problem is there.

I have re-installed Revit 2024. I have checked in Autodesk Access, which says that your product is up to date. What does it mean?

But, for the second check I reached to Autodesk Account, where I have found 11 product updates related to Revit 2024. I downloaded required updates for Revit 2024 and installed it.

• I noticed unusual activity in my C-drive. While installing Revit, a huge dump is created in my C-drive to the tune of 17 Gb. I do not know what is the purpose of those files. Are these files useful for Revit? Any explanation for this?
  • Revit takes about 13 Gb hard disk Space and other updates takes about 0.87 + 1.5 + 3.21 = 5.58 Gb. That means that Revit requires 18.58 Gb. Assuming that it is very important data which is dumped in C-drive, that makes the total of 18.58 + 17 = 35.58 Gb. Even the most sophisticated Architectural 3D Modelling software does not require such huge hard disk space.   Am I right in my calculations?

About Autodesk Access

• For Revit 2023 - only four updates are listed. Are they sufficient for working in Revit? (Could not attach file)
  • For Revit 2022 - only two updates are listed. Are they sufficient for working in Revit? (Could not attach file)
  • For Revit 2021 - only one updates are listed. Are they sufficient for working in Revit? (Could not attach file)

I have given data for Revit but same problem exists for other Autodesk products. Is it not serious? I did not mention what is inside Revit.

Desktop App was the ideal solution to these problems than Autodesk Access.

Message 5 of 7

Access has its own forum here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autodesk-access-forum/bd-p/sub-inst-lics_autodeskaccess

this problem is already mentioned & its limitation right now

read this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autodesk-access-forum/not-showing-same-updates-extensions-add-ins-as-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 7

Agreed, Autodesk Access is useless. I just click the link to access it all online. Then go to details of each program and download as needed. I miss the older format, but again it was never really needed. I'd rather have one place online to access my products and reduce the pricing by eliminating programs that are not necessary. Streamline to reduce the cost a lot.

Message 7 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: aashford3Q2J4X

Try the IDEAS forum.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report