Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print as PDF rasterizes entire sheet

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
crisoq
2001 Views, 6 Replies

Print as PDF rasterizes entire sheet

Hello there,

I'm having a big problem with PDF printing. Basically, if I print as PDF with my typical Revit legends for repeating information it rasterizes everything in the sheet, but if I delete the legend from the sheet, the plan comes out as vector. Everything in the legend is text, component or detail lines, so it should be able the export as vector. See below both examples. I've always used legends on my sheets for repetitive information and this is the first time this happens. Please help. I'm using Revit 2017.2

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: crisoq

Maybe slipped some images in there somewhere by accident?

I would do some troubleshooting to see if I could pinpoint the problem:

-Make sure that you have vector processing selected each time (does Revit give warning that it will switch to raster processing?)

-Create the sheet without the legends.

-Print it out as vector to see if it does.

-Add a legend and print it out again.

-Repeat this process to see if you can find which one is the problem.

-Check that legend for graphics.

-Delete and recreate the problematic legend.

-Check if you have the same issues with other projects.

-Check if you have the same issues with a new project.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
crisoq
in reply to: L.Maas

Hello,

It's setup to vector processing, and does not gives a warning that it'll raster. I've pinned pointed the problem. I have 3 legends in the sheet, when I delete all of them it comes out as vector. But when I put any of them 3 (even one) on the sheet everything comes out low resolution rasterized. It has never happened before, and it happens from 2 different computers (using central file). All of the legends are text and lines from Revit, theres some legend components but that's it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 7
Archigrafix_Norge

Try setting the visual style of your legend to hidden style or wireframe in case they are not set like that. I wonder if the style is set as something else, for instance shaded.

Luis Santos

archi systems as

Message 5 of 7
L.Maas

Besides the tip from Marc.

I gave some advice troubleshooting tips in my previous post. Have you tried those?  What were the outcomes?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 6 of 7
crisoq

Setting the style as wireframe resolved the issue. For some reason not even hidden works. Thanks a lot!
Message 7 of 7

I've had a similar issue and changing the visual style of the legend to wireframe or hidden, did the trick. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report