Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRECAST STAIRS WITH 3 RUNS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hliS658H
333 Views, 5 Replies

PRECAST STAIRS WITH 3 RUNS

The level 1 to level 2 is 16'; starting from level 2 are typical levels, the level to level height  is 10'-6".

For typical levels, the stairs has two equal runs, each run has 8 treads/9 rises, 7" riser and 11" tread;

I want to make 3 runs for stairs from level 1 to level 2.

1st runs to 6' in height with 10 treads/11 risers;

2nd and 3rd runs 5'-3" in height each and they are identical with the typical runs and I can set the stairs as below.  However, for the 1st run, the riser is about 6 1/2" high, but not exact 6 1/2", so I don't want to give the riser height, I want to set the landing as 6' instead and let Revit do the work. But I don't see where I can set the landing for the 1st run?

hliS658H_0-1673478841603.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: hliS658H

You cannot have runs with different riser heights within one stair.  Create the first run as a separate stair with 6' climb. 

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

@hliS658H wrote:

I want to make 3 runs for stairs from level 1 to level 2.

1st runs to 6' in height with 10 treads/11 risers;

So, you want to do 3-flights to 16'-0"? In other words, 2 landings in-between the total run?   If so, why the varying riser heights?  Why not keep the riser heights consistent and live with a 6'-3 7/16" first landing height instead of forcing a 6'-0" first landing height? Is the 3 7/16" difference more important than the ergonomics and user experience? 

3-Flight Stair to 16 Feet.png

Message 4 of 6
hliS658H
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes , 3 flights with 2 landings. But I want to point out that due to different floor to floor heights, sometimes you can not have consistent risers and treads. For example, I can have 28 risers /26 treads with consistent dimensions from ground floor to second floor (16'-0"), however, the dimensions of riser and tread will be different from second floor to third floor (10'-6"). The way I design it is to make 3 flights from ground floor to second floor , they will rise 5'-6" + 5'-3" + 5'-3", and the typical stairs from floor to floor will have 2 runs, they rise 5'-3" + 5'-3", so there will be only one climb different from the rest ( Sorry, I meant to say 5'-6", but I made a mistake in math by saying 6').  I do not agree that this design of the stairs has disregarded ergonomics or user's experience.

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

@hliS658H wrote:

Yes , 3 flights with 2 landings. But I want to point out that due to different floor to floor heights, sometimes you can not have consistent risers and treads. For example, I can have 28 risers /26 treads with consistent dimensions from ground floor to second floor (16'-0"), however, the dimensions of riser and tread will be different from second floor to third floor (10'-6"). The way I design it is to make 3 flights from ground floor to second floor , they will rise 5'-6" + 5'-3" + 5'-3", and the typical stairs from floor to floor will have 2 runs, they rise 5'-3" + 5'-3", so there will be only one climb different from the rest ( Sorry, I meant to say 5'-6", but I made a mistake in math by saying 6').  I do not agree that this design of the stairs has disregarded ergonomics or user's experience.

You're confusing me now. "Different floor to floor heights"? "Second floor to third floor"?  Where did you mention that in your OP.   You only mentioned that you wanted to - and I quote - "make 3 runs for stairs from level 1 to level 2 - with a total elevation gain of 16'-0". 

Whatever.  My professional input is what it is. Take it or leave it.  We're just opinionating here.  All's good -- as well as respectful of differing design philosophies. 😉     

Message 6 of 6
hliS658H
in reply to: barthbradley

Model is not finished yet, but hope this section explains more clearly my intention.  Truly appreciate your input, just different opinion.

hliS658H_0-1673498302134.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report