Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placed components not rotating

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
nhobb21
1577 Views, 12 Replies

Placed components not rotating

I am working on a building model and after a component is placed into the model, I am no longer able to rotate it. I left-click the component and use the rotate command on the Modify ribbon. It shows the normal UI for the rotation (the dashed blue line around the component + the blue circle point of rotation) and allows me to do everything that is expected, but does not actually rotate the object. I can only change rotation using Align or by inserting the component all over again.

I checked other files to see if perhaps there was some corruption in the file, but the same issue happens across the board.

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: nhobb21

Rotate 124.png

Message 3 of 13
barthbradley

I would be helpful to know some more specifics, such as what component you are unable to rotate in what View. Maybe even posting your file would speed up an answer.  

Message 4 of 13
nhobb21
in reply to: barthbradley

All of my components are acting like that, including Revit families

Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

So every single component in the Project is unable to be rotated?  I'd say something has gone haywire at your end then.  Maybe with the Project -- maybe not. Difficult to troubleshoot without the Project. Post the Project here so we can test.  

...have you tried Auditing the Project?  Did you recently install an Add-in? 

Message 6 of 13
nhobb21

I definitely agree something has gone wrong on my end - it's not just the project, it's every project. I recently installed Enscape 3.2 but I don't recall the issue being concurrent with that - I'm pretty sure it existed prior to that update. (To confirm this, I did uninstall Enscape for Revit but the problem persists.) It's likely not Project-specific because it occurs with any project I open, even a brand new project. I made a simple floor+walls+component project for your request, see attached. I also tried the audit, as you suggested, but nothing changed.

Possibly important to note - I have Education licensing.

Message 7 of 13
barthbradley

No issues here with your file. 

Try Repairing your Revit Installation.  

How to reinstall or repair your Autodesk product | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 8 of 13
nhobb21

Hi - having this issue again - can you tell me how to contact AutoDesk so I can get them to look into this?

Message 9 of 13
areekstin

I am having this problem with placed components as well. It just started today. I place a sofa, and it will not allow me to click on the sofa and rotate it. Yet, if I duplicate that same sofa a couple of times, I am able to rotate the second or thirdd copies. I can never rotate the original placed component even if I have rotated the copies. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Message 10 of 13
nhobb21
in reply to: areekstin

I think it did end up just being a matter of reinstalling, unfortunately.

Message 11 of 13
nhobb21

Today the issue happened again. Seems to have been solved by unchecking "disjoin" under the rotate tool. I don't recall ever checking it in the first place, and have never actually used it at all - I didn't even know what it did, but if it works for now so be it. I have had this issue so many times and emailed AutoDesk about it and nobody thought to ask about disjoin, so hopefully posting this here will help someone out in the future.
the weird thing about this time is that it affected some families but not other - I still don't understand what "disjoin" did to make my families stop rotating but whatever.

Message 12 of 13

Un-checking "Disjoin" while in the rotate tool, but before rotating, solved the problem for me (Revit 2023, attempting to rotate a furniture system desk from the Autdesk Library)

Message 13 of 13
areekstin

It stopped for me after reinstalling. But now I will look for the disjoin setting if it happens again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators