Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase Filters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
paul_griggs2XXL4
334 Views, 5 Replies

Phase Filters

Hi All,

I having having real difficulties understanding and altering the phase filters.

Essentially, I am trying to apply a different colour to my EXISTING cut walls by using the graphic overrides in new phases that I have set-up. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get these changes to apply. For illustration, I am trying to change the graphic fill for existing walls to bright pink when using my newly created phase filter 'PG Existing':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5LuLnwnJVk&ab_channel=PaulGriggs

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: paul_griggs2XXL4

Yeah phases can be little bit confusing. I will try to explain the concept

In Revit you have phase which you can define (phase1, phase2, phase3 or existing, new, future, far future)

The sequence in the list phase list determines from old to new

When you look at the phase filters, then you see new, existing, demolished, temporary.

These are NOT phases (this is what confuses most people). These phase filters are times that are relative to your view you apply them to.

Example you have the following phase defined:  phase1 (oldest), phase2, phase3 and phase4(newest)

Example1

I now have a view where Phase3 is active. So how do the phase filters apply to this.

Phase filter NEW means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase3

Phase Filter EXISTING means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase2 or Phase1

Phase Filter DEMOLISHED means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase2 or Phase1 and "Phase Demolished" of Phase3

Phase Filter TEMPORARY means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase3 and "Phase Demolished" of Phase3

So in Revit Demolishing is (normally) not a separate Phase, it is something that happens during a phase.

Example 2

I now have a view where Phase2 is active. So how do the phase filters apply to this.

Phase filter NEW means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase2

Phase Filter EXISTING means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase1

Phase Filter DEMOLISHED means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase1 and "Phase Demolished" of Phase2

Phase Filter TEMPORARY means all elements that have a "Phase Created" of Phase2 and "Phase Demolished" of Phase2

With the creation of filter names (in the phase filters) like "Show New" you can decide how the different stages will be displayed

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks @L.Maas I will take a look.

Message 4 of 6

Revit 2022 and newer you now have Phase as a Category for View Filters. This opens the door to have much more VG control over multi-phase projects.

Message 5 of 6

Revit 2022 and newer you now have Phase as a Category for View Filters. This opens the door to have much more VG control over multi-phase projects.

Message 6 of 6

Thanks @revitnation I'll have a play and see what I can find.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators