Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasting 2D linework to a perpendicular section view.... Same elevation.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
payingtoomuch
492 Views, 3 Replies

Pasting 2D linework to a perpendicular section view.... Same elevation.

Have 2D detail lines and filled regions that I want to copy from one section view to another section view at the same elevation. Doesn't matter how it lines up with the view otherwise.

As best I can tell there is no way to do this. I am able to do it by "pasting aligned to another view" for selectable views.... but appears that only views that are in the same plane are available to select. This makes sense to me but still would like to find away to paste without having to move in elevation. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

What about Paste from Clipboard and align manually? 

Or Group the 2D Linework and place instances of the Group in other Views.  Still a manual alignment operation. But if there's a bunch of linework, moving all of them as a Group would make aligning easier.  

Message 3 of 4

Thanks Barth. Yes, that's the approach that I'm currently taking and it's no big deal really. Was just hoping there was a way to paste to 0,0,0 (as in autocad) or something along those lines and have it show up in the view so would have at least one axis aligned.

Message 4 of 4

Follow up to this question.

There are a LOT of times when I try to copy/ paste from one view to another that the "preview" that shows up in the view that I'm pasting into "wants" to insert the pasted element at the correct elevation.

For whatever reason, I can never get the items to paste to the spot that they "naturally" want to be pasted.

Am I missing something? Seems like I should just be able hit enter and accept the what appears to be default location but it doesn't work. So I always end up inserting it in some obscure location and need to reposition manually?

What is up with this behavior. Hopefully operator error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report