Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric TitleBlock

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dm0144
255 Views, 1 Reply

Parametric TitleBlock

Hello everyone

I have an issue aligning the short vertical lines, which indicate the place where the paper has to be folded, to the margins of the paper. The vertical marks are grouped and have group array parameter depending on the width of the paper.

Please help🙏

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RDAOU
in reply to: dm0144

@dm0144 

Array or Floating lines can be very unpredictable...If you want to stick with that, I would suggest the following

1. do not group the top lines with the bottom ones.
  2. For the sheet height (Vertical), the inner frame/border and the Folder lines
    • use 2 horizontal reference line at the top and 2 at the bottom 
    • All constraints/parameters should reference these lines
    • lock the Horizontal lines to these Reference lines
  3. Array the top and the bottom folder line separately.
    • Both will use the same array parameter but in 2 different arrays
    • Make sure to lock the top/start and bottom/end of the folder-lines to these reference lines too
    • PS: the use of reference line and locking Detail lines to them will help you avoid the Error Promt "Sketch is Over constrained"

Attached is a Revit 2022 Version, maybe you can open it and see how it is constructed. I do not have 2021

FWIIW: Personally I neither like nor recommend the all-in-one Title Blocks. It is more practical to create a different title block family for different paper space

Para Title.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators