Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Mullions

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ctough
962 Views, 10 Replies

Parametric Mullions

I've got quite a clever sash window here but I can't work out how to get the 3x2 mullions to be parametric. They're fine when resized vertically but don't work horizontally. Please see the attached.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ctough

Please provide more information. You meant to post an attachment but it's missing.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 11
ctough
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi Alfredo. 

The attached is a standard window from the Revit library. It had glazing bars set at 2x2. I want to change them to 2X4 but I can't work out how to get them to work parametrically. Any ideas?

Thanks 

Message 4 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

I see that the family has a parameter called "Glazing bar thickness". Have you tried that?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 11
barthbradley

Is this what you are after?

WinA53.pngWinb53.png

My suggestion would be to open and load into your family the OOTB "Muntin Pattern_2x3.rfa" located in the stock Revit Content Library under Windows\Nested Families\Muntin.   At minimum, open it to see how to build one of your own.  

2023 attached.  

Message 6 of 11
barthbradley

@ctough wrote:

Hi Alfredo. 

The attached is a standard window from the Revit library. It had glazing bars set at 2x2. I want to change them to 2X4 but I can't work out how to get them to work parametrically. Any ideas?

Thanks 

Regarding how to make them add or remove muntins parametrically, they need to be arrayed.  That's a little more involved. Download Marvin or Pella Windows to see how theirs are constructed.  Revit Families are available directly from their Websites.  

....here's one from Marvin you can inspect: 

Message 7 of 11
barthbradley

....or you could just steal and use their muntin family in your family. I won't tell. 😉 

Message 8 of 11
ctough
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

"Glazing bar thickness" - this seems to change the thickness, that's all. 
I want the glazing bars to be evenly spaced when the window is changed in size. You'll see from the screenshot below that the default size (left) works and has 2X4 glazing bars that are evenly spaced but when I increase the size of the window, they get messed up. I don't know what I'm missing.

ctough_0-1683190216800.png

Message 9 of 11
ctough
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, this is what I'm trying to achieve but 2X4 format. 

Thanks, I've opened it. I know how to make extrusions but what I don't know how to do is make them parametric and evenly spaced.

Message 10 of 11
ctough

That window is the holy grail! Exactly what I'm after, to be able to edit the amount of glazing bars/muntins. I'm not sure how to go about using array though, it's not selectable when editing the extrusion. 

I've inspected the Marvin one and it's blown my mind with the formulas and parameters etc. I wouldn't know where to begin.

Message 11 of 11
ctough

I wish I knew how! I've loaded it in as a family but the formulas haven't transferred over. I wish you would tell!! lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report