Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects Disappear from isometric 3d view.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
956 Views, 6 Replies

Objects Disappear from isometric 3d view.

Hello,

I was trying to make a plan view which displays shadows of the entire model. 

To do that i made a non-perspective top camera 3D view, oriented it to Top, locked it, and modified the Target and Eye elevations. 

Everything worked perfectly, except some objects are not visible in this new view.

Visibility\Graphics is ok, hidden items are ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help, Daniel.

3D top view - objects not showing3D top view - objects not showingLevel Plan. all these suppose to show in the 3d top viewLevel Plan. all these suppose to show in the 3d top viewDisplay hidden lines turned on in the 3d top view.Display hidden lines turned on in the 3d top view.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click on the view cube, choose orient to view, and pick the comparable floor plan view from the list.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

But then i dont get the real shadows:

Real shadows, with objects not showingReal shadows, with objects not showingUnreal (cut) shadows. Oreiented to plan viewUnreal (cut) shadows. Oreiented to plan view

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

What's not visible in the view? 

Also, what do you mean by "unreal" shadows?  Have you tried adjusting your Sun Settings (e.g. time of day, season, Azimuth/Altitude)?  

Sun Settings 2.png

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Hey, thanks for replies.

Sorry if i was unclear.

By "unreal" i meant that the shadows casted are those of the cut objects, and not the whole model.

My need is to see the level plan, with the shadows in it as it would appear for real, which means shadows from all parts of the model above this level.

In my last comment you can see the difference between these 2 kinds of shadows that revit produces.

I explained the method of getting the whole model shadows in the beginning of this post.  This is the way i did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LTVblDKpso&t=210s .

The obejcts that disappear while using this method are some walls, i have no idea why.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

seems like a cut plane/ scope box or eye elevation issue to me. you need to cut it abit higher in the view with objects not showing, from what I can see

Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators