Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not to see the outline of the floors on the walls

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tpreisler
337 Views, 6 Replies

not to see the outline of the floors on the walls

Hi, is there a way not to see the outline of the floors on the walls in a 3d view? (see image) Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: tpreisler

The floor should setback behind the wall finish layer.  Draw the wall is the as one tall wall spans from base to roof.  If there is a wall at each level, then join them so the finish appear continuous.

Message 3 of 7
tpreisler
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks, see section floor does not go beyond exterior wall finish and still have outline.

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

I tested with a setback of 1" from the edge of the slab to the finish surface and I can replicate the "ghosting" effect on Hidden/Shade/Consistent Color/Realistic visual style if I zoom out far enough.  Toggling hardware acceleration doesn't fix it.

Perhaps this is the case where Certified video cards showing their value (if anyone can confirm). I have a GeForce 1060 GTX 6GB which is not certified.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Message 5 of 7
chrisplyler
in reply to: ToanDN

I've got certified Quadros, and it does the same thing. They don't print though.

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

@chrisplyler  Thanks for the confirmation.  Now I know what to NOT spend money on (looking at you Quadros :).

Message 7 of 7
PijPiwo

Can you just turn off the floor category in that view?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report