Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete a portion of curved stair

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Smunir30
423 Views, 8 Replies

Need to delete a portion of curved stair

Hi: I am an engineering student working on a project in Revit 2024. I have a curved stair that has railing. on full length A part of the stair is attached to a curved wall. So, I need that portion of railing removed. When I tried to cut the railing, it doesn't work. I can delete the full hand railing, but I need to delete only a section where the wall will be used as handrail support

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: Smunir30

You should be able to edit and split and delete. Post the file.  

Just to be clear, I'm talking about Railing, not Stairs.  You are too.; right? 

Message 3 of 9
Smunir30
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, need part of the railing removed where I will use the curve was instead. Please see attached

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

I have no issue spitting and deleting portions from your Railing Sketch.  Do you have a screenshot showing what portion you want removed? 

Message 5 of 9
Smunir30

Need to remove the stair rail that is attached to curve wall. What tool did you use?

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

This?

Curved Railing.png

Edit Railing and use the Spit Tool to split the Sketch Line and then Delete the Sketch Line.  Then Finish and close out of Editing Mode.  

Message 7 of 9
Smunir30
in reply to: barthbradley

yes, THANKS A LOT

Please send me the file. Did you use cut tool?

Message 8 of 9
Smunir30

Got it. Edit railing and then cut

Message 9 of 9
barthbradley

@Smunir30 wrote:

Got it. Edit railing and then cut

What was the solution?  It certainly wasn't "edit railing and then cut".  The only solution is "Edit Railing and use the Spit Tool to split the Sketch Line and then Delete the Sketch Line.  Then Finish and close out of Editing Mode".  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report