Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My windows don't make an opening on the wall REVIT 2020

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1023 Views, 4 Replies

My windows don't make an opening on the wall REVIT 2020

I received this windows component attached in the REVIT files from an online video clip about REVIT Architecture. When I applied this component in the wall consist of 3 parts, the middle does create an opening, but not the others. I don't know why. 

Another question: How can I adjust the line weight when I modeling? When I zoom in, the line gets bigger, it hard to snap the point with that line weight.  I read about how to adjust the line weight inside the settings tab, but is there any way to make it temporarily smaller without changing the setting? Thank you screenshot_1584694224.pngscreenshot_1584694254.pngscreenshot_1584694281.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TripleM-Dev.net
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

For the linewidth's, turn ThinLines on, see image below for iconbutton.

thinlines.png

I don't know how the family you use is built, but a hosted family usually only cuts the host.

In this case the middle wall. Are the walls joined?

Otherwise share the Family.

- Michel

Message 3 of 5
hmunsell

it looks like you have 3 walls, (2 angled 1 straight) and your placing the window in the straight wall. delete the bay window walls and just have a straight wall. Place the bay window in the straight wall THEN add the base and top walls above and below the bay window.

https://autode.sk/3bceXId

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

It seems you've created your family with an opening in the central window. eplace de oppening by a void. create an extrusion that includes all three elements of your window and make it a void.

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

Have you tried to manually cut the wall with the window using the Cut Geometry tool?  Betcha that's all that is required. 

Cut Geometry 1.png

...If the family has unattached voids in, verify that "Cut with Voids when Loaded" is checked.   

Cuts With Void when Loaded.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators