Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My student has made this mistake, how do i fix this for them

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
EwanR
408 Views, 5 Replies

My student has made this mistake, how do i fix this for them

A 1st year student of mine has been designing a Bridge truss, but they have somehow managed to create it as two separate entities flat on two different levels instead of in an elevation. I cannot find a solution that would stand these bodies upright in the correct elevation, does anyone have any idea how to achieve this so I can look like i have solved this for them !!!! Or will they have to start again ???bridge_wrong.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RichConyers
in reply to: EwanR

Can you share the file? 

You can try to copy with the rotate tool or you can copy paste with a new workplane selected. 

Message 3 of 6
EwanR
in reply to: RichConyers

Hi, here is the file, please bear in mind that they are not taught how to make bridges in Revit, but they are attempting it for another course. I liked their attitude hence i said i'd try and get them answer. This file is from the student version of Revit

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

Can't you change the rotation angle? 

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

if you want to tilt the entire bridge upright then I am afraid that it is not possible with the original trusses.  What you can do them as is for tagging, scheduling, detailing of the bridge (rename plans to sections/elevations, etc.); and export to a DWG or SAT file, link the file back in and tilt the link upright.  That linked 3d model will be used for 3d context view, rendering, etc.

Annotation 2019-03-05 102808.png

Message 6 of 6
EwanR
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for your replies, i suspected that they would have to start again but the export and re-import option will work for what they want to do. Cheers again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report