Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling complex walls of an existing building - working drawings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
b.garnettTRBAC
236 Views, 2 Replies

Modelling complex walls of an existing building - working drawings

example.pngHi all,

I am currently working on a complex existing listed building (UK). We are at the working drawing stage so accuracy is very important. See attached. As you can see on the dwg survey underlay, the walls vary in thickness and shape. They also dont run parallel to each other with walls intersecting at 88degrees instead of a standard 90 etc. 

How do you suggest i model the walls? multiple overlapping walls and joined? Model in place? Please bear in mind that these walls need to be editable to some degree as parts will be demolished in phasing and new walls put in place where required. 

Any help is appreciated.

Ben 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Really would depend on where you are going with the walls.  I mean all the methods you mentioned are valid.  You could use all of them.  You don't necessarily need to pick one.  I am curious to know if the structural core of the walls are plumb and level.  I mean, I've got to imagine it wasn't purposely constructed so c ock-eyed.  Anyways, if it were me, I'd need a lot more information to decide the best approach.  

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: b.garnettTRBAC

Use a combination of different approaches:

- System walls as many as possible

- System walls adjacent/overlapping and join (I wouldn't have more than 3 for 1 wall)

- Architectural columns with instance parameters for bump-outs

- In place model for odds and ends, as few as possible

For walls that you are certain they will be demolished then they need not to be too accurate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators