Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model hatch units on Notepad .pat file somehow become inches on workspace. How can I use Notepad to hardlock the coordinate numbers into millimetres?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
his.nakahara
344 Views, 3 Replies

Model hatch units on Notepad .pat file somehow become inches on workspace. How can I use Notepad to hardlock the coordinate numbers into millimetres?

Hi everyone,

I've made myself a custom model hatch for Revit. I finally got the pattern itself right, but for some bizarre reason, the numbers I've input in seemed to have hardlocked into inches. All of what supposed to be 10mm joints are showing up as 254mm joints on the actual Revit workspace, which obviously looks ridiculous.

Tropubleshooting-Model-Hatch-Revit-Aus-Strecher-Bond.jpg

Is there any way for the Notepad file to recognize the coordinate numbers as mm? I'd rather have a solution that does not require literally dividing each number by 25.4 - although that may have to be a last resort if there is absolutely no other way.

Your answers will be much appreciated.

Hisashi

EDIT: For some strange reason, I can't seem to upload my attached files. ("The attachment's australian brick stretcher bond.pat content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.")

I've attached a Google link if anyone wants to download, as I can't upload the files at all:

PAT file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YtXL0f0yR_IkajQ4q2bZ-wAx-y5byGRV/view?usp=sharing

My custom template file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pMEkZhKhuRCfhsgP8zoYS__EFUDy-ySw/view?usp=sharing

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Looks like you are missing the Units declaration in the file prologue. (and the whole prologue)

Pattycake Docs - PAT File Syntax and Rules  <--- click here for a bit more information.

Add this to the front of your .pat definition and it should pick it up as a MM.

;%UNITS=MM
;%VERSION=3.0

See if that gets you on the right path. Cheers 

www.pattycake.io
Web based & real time .PAT creator. The largest collection of free PAT files! Over 700+ Pat files ready to download
No plugins or add-ins to install, and Revit compliant!
Message 3 of 4
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: his.nakahara

pyRevit also has a wonderful tool that allows you to take a pattern you've created with detail lines and save it as a hatch pattern in the project. It also has tons of other tools and features, but this one alone makes it worth the download in my opinion.

Message 4 of 4

Bingo! Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators