Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Elevator Family

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
16778 Views, 14 Replies

Missing Elevator Family

Greetings All,

I downloaded and installed the trial version of Revit 2021.  After using a tutorial to play with it I found many of the families had not been installed.  I downloaded and installed the set from the Revit download page, but it's missing elevators.  My understanding was it used to be there, now it doesn't seem to be.  I don't want to be going to a third party to install their product when an Autodesk Revit model exists.  Or used to exist. 

Did I miss something or is there a separate area on Autodesk to download the elevators?

Labels (3)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

There's no "Elevator" Families OOTB. I'm not even sure what an "Elevator" Family is.  Is it a Family that moves up and down?  

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Perhaps I'm using the wrong term.  There's a group for doors, a group for stairs, railings, floors, ducts, pipes, etc.  I thought these were called families. To insert a door or stair into a model you had to load the group into the model and select the style of door, stair, or whatever.  I want to insert an elevator and there's no group for it, nor can I find a download for it here.

Message 4 of 15
barthbradley

yah, I'm not following you too well. 

What's an elevator? A platform or compartment housed in a shaft for raising and lowering people or things to different floors or levels.  Right?  

Try this...

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Looks like you're following me just fine.  Thank you.

Message 6 of 15
barthbradley

I wouldn't be bashful about downloading content from on-line. Thank your lucky stars that you found it on-line.  That means you can cut out early and go have a beer with the gang. 

Here's another...

Message 7 of 15
syman2000

I assume you are referring to Specialty Equipment>Elevators and Lifts.

lift.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 8 of 15
barthbradley
in reply to: syman2000

Interesting. I found 'em under "Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter".  😉 

Venus.jpg

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

thanks, was looking for English Imperial but those will work.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks for posting this question--I couldn't find it either. It's missing from 'English-Imperial'>Specialty Equipment, but can be found under the more generic 'English'>Specialty Equipment category.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

The only thing I have under English is Structural Precast.  Certainly not in there.😁

Message 12 of 15
barthbradley

Do you have an "English" and "English-Imperial" folder under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021\Templates? 

Maybe you didn't download it. 

Autodesk Revit 2021 Content | Revit Products 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 13 of 15
barthbradley

Did you notice that @syman2000  posted the content for you in a ZIP file? Nice of him to do so. Don't you agree?  

Message 14 of 15
fle
Enthusiast

Hello,

there are just some basic elevator families in Revit. Btw, there is a very powerful and the free #elevator #plugin for Revit "DigiPara Elevatorarchitect" available at:

https://www.digipara.com/products/elevatorarchitect/

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Message 15 of 15
billatarcat9MS5L
in reply to: fle

We also have some elevator options for you as well: free elevator revit families .

I hope one will help you out. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report