Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials - Replace asset material with newer version

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
hbeckwith2
190 Views, 0 Replies

Materials - Replace asset material with newer version

Thank you in advance!

I've seen quite a few posts on the materials error, "For improved rendering, replace the current assets in this material with a newer version." It seems like I've tried everything I could find, and my CPU usage isn't high when I'm in the material browser.

Yesterday, all my materials were working just fine and rendering well. Today the message appeared and the materials no longer render. I could technically switch out materials with some of Revit's, but almost all of them have the error message. The ones that don't are mostly metals which aren't what I need.

Edit: Even if I create a new material and leave it with default gray material it has the same message

I would really like to use the custom materials that I had before, though. I even tried screenshotting a material image and creating a new material with the screenshot but got the same error.

I upgraded to 2023 (not the smartest idea) after struggling with it in 2022 to see if it would fix the problem but to no avail 😞

Just don't understand how yesterday it was working and today it's not... any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report