Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials from wall are not displaying correctly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cv_vdc131GFKLC
208 Views, 3 Replies

Materials from wall are not displaying correctly.

I have a wall in which, one finish layer I have removed the top constraint, but only for that layer. That's for the interior of the wall. The exterior has the same finish (however this layer isnt unlocked as you can't do that if the layers you want to unlock have to be adjacent to each other). The problem is I have a section (although this happens in a 3D view as well) where the interior and where the unlocked layer is (and has been lowered) the rest of the wall where it no longer has this finish is still showing the graphics of the exterior finish. It is ignoring the structure layer (and additional layers in between). In short my wall is showing the material from its back while Im seeing it from the front.  

cv_vdc131GFKLC_0-1670614293130.png

If I erase that finish layer from the exterior the problem is solved, however I do need that finish at the exterior of the wall. It's almost as if the finish graphic from the exterior wraps the wall to compensate where the layer that reduces its cover has left. All wraps are disabled.

Tags (1)
Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Is this about the fact that unlocked layers have to be adjacent to one another and you would like to unlock both the exterior and interior layer?  If so, why not unlock the in-between layers instead?  

Or am I completely misreading you?  It happens. 😉 

Message 3 of 4

Plan B might be to create the Finish Layers as separate Wall Types or Create Parts from the Wall Type, activate Shape Handles and drag the Exterior/Interior Layers to where they need to be.  

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: cv_vdc131GFKLC

If you are referring to the highlighted wall then can you stretch the section box back to show the cut through that wall?  Did you paint it by any chance? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators