Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Image not scaling properly on Curtain Wall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
maw0590
201 Views, 2 Replies

Material Image not scaling properly on Curtain Wall

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to apply an image of an 8x32" tile to an 8x32" system panel on my curtain wall.

I have scaled the image in Photoshop, imported it into Revit, and scaled it in Material Texture Editor.

However, when the material is applied to 1/4" of the system panel, it duplicates itself repeatedly.

I've attached the material settings and how the wall looks.

I've also created a custom hatch and tried to align the material to follow the staggered tile pattern but it didn't work either. 

Any advice on where I'm going wrong? Thanks for your help in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: maw0590

Not sure what the confusion is. I can see from your screenshot that it is tiling the image. Each tile size is 2'-8" x 8".  So, I'm guessing that the 2nd screenshot is a  a curtain wall with 2' 8" x 8" grid spacing.  Right? Or is it no grids and just one big panel measuring 198" tall by approximately 76" wide?  

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: maw0590

Are you meaning that the Curtain Panel is 8'-0" x 2'-8"? If so,  then the tile size should be 8'-0" x 2'-8". You're modeling 1:1 in Revit.  Your View of the model can be any scale (e.g. 1/4"=1'-0").   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report