Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material doesnt show in realistic view

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
pardisomidoo
555 Views, 8 Replies

Material doesnt show in realistic view

Hi

I have problem with one family which i downloaded from bimobjects. the problem is when i add it in my project it doesn't show material  and just shows gray ( in Fine, although in appearance i can can see image and every thing.

i deleted family and add it again, but it didn't changed anything.  I just tested this family i new Revit project , and there it shows perfectly. I don't know what is problem with my project which I need it. 

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: pardisomidoo

Set the view phase filter to show complete.

Message 3 of 9
pardisomidoo
in reply to: ToanDN

thank your for your answer.  its already on show complete. But it just happens for one family and the other families are ok. This family shows perfect in another Revit project. and I m really curious what problem is with my project. and maybe it happens for another family in future . I want to fix it 

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN

Edit the family, rename the material, reload and see.

Message 5 of 9
pardisomidoo

I can not even see any changes in that loaded family in my project even after i change the material. that's weird because i can not even see any changes in override in graphics in view.

Message 6 of 9
pardisomidoo

No unfortunately it did not work. what else can be. it seem after  I load a family in my project it is not able to change anything about the appearance about it.

as you can see in images, when I want to load family , it shows its material correctly, but after being loaded , became gray.

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

Something is not right here. You said realistic mode then you also said override graphics in view.  Those two don't come together.

Delete the family from the project browser, delete the material from the project material browser, then reload the family.

Message 8 of 9
pardisomidoo

about realistic view and override graphics in view, yes i I meant that I just played with different thing and to see that what happens to object and what it can changes and what not.  If I add that material of family to the wall , it works and it shows on wall. I think its not problem with the material itself, but maybe on my project file. something changes in family after being loaded. I delete the family and the material and again after I load it became gray. This problem appears in some of downloaded families not for all of them. and maybe I have to ignore these families in this project file. 😞 although I like them.

Message 9 of 9
barthbradley

FWIW: Project Materials rule. If you have Material named "Red" in the Family that is red, and a Material named "Red" in the Project that is blue, then Family elements that use "Red" will display in the Project as blue.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators