Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Color In Render

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Zamalkawy
2347 Views, 9 Replies

Material Color In Render

Hi, 

I have a problem related to material color. The color that i choose for the material looks much lighter in the material slot and when render, any suggestions ! 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JANNIK.FATH
in reply to: Zamalkawy

Try using 'tint' and choose the color you wish. Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

The render colour is an average colour.  If you look at the render appearance sphere, parts are darker than the colour that you chose.  Your render view appears to be in full sunlight, so it will look brighter.  If you change the sun position so that it's not shining directly onto the surfaces it will appear darker.

Message 4 of 10
L.Maas

How materials looks after rendering depends on many things. The material in the material slot is quickly rendered with some (internal) settings and a simple environment. 

Caprture.png

You already will see in this prerender if you change the environment that the appearance of the material also changes.

In your project you have all kinds of things that change the appearance of materials, the (colored) lights you use, other materials around (e.g bleeding) shadows and then some possible render settings. And after render is complete you can make some changes by using tonemapping..

So yeah, that a material in the slot looks different that in the render is to be expected.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 10
Zamalkawy
in reply to: Anonymous

The color i choose for a material is normally the diffuse color which tells the material how it looks in the lit areas, then the software will generate the material color in shadow areas. Material highlight color is related to material nature like metals, glass, matte ...etc (I don't think this will solve it.) 

Message 6 of 10
Zamalkawy
in reply to: L.Maas

Is there any thing that i can use to adjust the Gama correction in Revit? I think his could solve it!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Once your image is rendered you can adjust the exposure settings, where you can alter the look of the rendering.  Ialways start with the Exposure Value, as this can often improve the appearance.

Message 8 of 10
Zamalkawy
in reply to: Anonymous

Exposure will affect the overall lighting condition with all the materials. Exposure control can be used at the end for fine tuning.

Message 9 of 10
L.Maas

What you can try to do is finding a more suitable appearance setting for your material. In Revit 2019(?) Autodesk added PBR (Physical Based Rendering) materials to the material library. You can see this in the material library. Materials with the yellow exclamation mark in the corner are the older non PBR materials.

Capture.PNG

If you replace the appearance of your material with something more suitable and use one of the PBR material appearances (watch the absence of the exclamation mark) you might get better results.

Capture2.PNG 

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 10 of 10
Zamalkawy
in reply to: L.Maas

Actually, I did the scene in 2018 which doesn't have the PBR appearances, then i moved to 2020 and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report