Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Asset Sub category

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wr.marshall
684 Views, 6 Replies

Material Asset Sub category

I was creating a material asset in the asset browser. I am able to create a category in a new appearance library. What I am not able to do is set a sub category as viewed in the Autodesk Library. Below is screen shot showing the sub category for Metallic Paint. I have tried searching for an answer online to see how these sub categories are created, and tried to see if it a setting somewhere in the asset with no success. Is this hard coded or am I missing something ?

Autodesk Material.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: wr.marshall

Are you trying to add category to the write-protected stock adsklib or a new adsklib?  

Message 3 of 7
wr.marshall
in reply to: barthbradley

new adsklib. stock ones are locked

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

Well, let's make sure I understand the issue. Are you trying to create a category header under the folder name by right-clicking on the folder name in Asset Browser and pressing Create Category? 

Message 5 of 7
wr.marshall
in reply to: barthbradley

So I can create categories by right clicking and creating a new category like paint. What you will see though is some category have a black triangle to the left of the two blue boxes indicating that there are sub categories. I opened the stock Autodesk Paint one as in example, where you see the sub categories glossy, metal flake, metallic, powder coat rough, powder coat smooth... My question is how does one create these sub categories?

Autodesk Material.PNG

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

I don't think there is a way to create subcategories. Categories all day long and twice on Sunday -- but not Subs.  Maybe you should post this to the Idea Forum.  If it gets enough traction by the way of votes, we could see it by 2030.  

Message 7 of 7
thijs.unimog

I have the same issue, is there still no fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators