Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Roof _SubStructure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gskrishnak
180 Views, 3 Replies

Mass Roof _SubStructure

Hi....

I created mass based Roof ... Can u please help me ,how to  create Steel Substructure for this Roof... 3d view.pngplan.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: gskrishnak

@gskrishnak

You mean steel reinforcement? Or something else?

For steel reinforcement in such structures I use Dynamo. And ot be honest I do not know any simpler way. The Dynamo solution concept does revolve around the principle - ie: a divided surface and rebars generated from Family) which you can of course replicate in Revit as per the below example/Screencast

1. Model a Generic Adaptive Steel profiles/bar with X Placement points
  2. Divided surface (either one of the element's or place a new massed surface somewhere in the middle of the wall), 
  3.  Place the adaptive component you modeled in step 1 above on the nodes of the divided surface
  4. Use Array/Repeaters

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
gskrishnak
in reply to: RDAOU

Dear RDAOU,

Thank you , Actually, I need to generate above the roof, rectangular tube beams on perpendicular Roof surface.

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: gskrishnak

@gskrishnak

I am not sure what you mean by perpendicular...perpendicular to what?? But I believe that you can still use the same methodes given in the first reply OR

1. Place a horizontal reference plane and give it a name
  2. Go to massing/site and model an inplace mass
  3. select Workplane and set the ref. plane you placed in step 1
  4. Use pick edges tool and pick the edges of your mass...that will project the lines orthogonally onto the reference plane
  5. Select line and create form (select the surface and not the volume then finish editing mode
  6. Then again from the massing/site tab >> Curtain System >> pick the mass and create system
  7. You can duplicate the default system, set it with an empty panel, set the mullions, spacing, and once done rotate the grid to match that which you have placed using reference lines

See screencast below...if this is also NOT what you are trying to do, then you really need to provide a sketch because I don't have anymore clues on what you are trying to model

PS: that curved roof seems quite low! one has to crouch to go under 🙂

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report