Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Object Transparent/Invisible But Still Showing Its Hidden Boundary Lines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2783 Views, 3 Replies

Making Object Transparent/Invisible But Still Showing Its Hidden Boundary Lines

Good day all,

Am not a very experienced Revit user and would like to seek any advice you can offer.

I made a generic model family which consists of a rectangular concrete panel with embedded rebars. I would like to make the concrete panel transparent or invisible in order to show the rebars inside but in doing so, I would still like to show the hidden line boundaries of the concrete panel.

I tried adding visibility parameters for the concrete panels in the family editor but I do not know how to make its hidden line boundaries show when I make it invisibly when I load it into a project..

Is there a way to do this so that the hidden line boundaries would automatically update when I change its dimensions in its Edit Type Properties? I'm not sure if this is even the right method though..

If ever you have any suggestions on the approach, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ilic.Andrej
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe it would be best to use a wireframe mode for some particular views. I think that's the usual practice... But, if you still wan't to create that mode just for a particular element, use model lines. Watch the screencast.

1.jpg

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Ilic.Andrej

Thank you very much for your screen cast! It was helpful.

Message 4 of 4
Ilic.Andrej
in reply to: Anonymous

You re welcome 🙂

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report