Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making background Text transparent, changing the transparency percentage

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Remigio.BaldoniH83XY
1259 Views, 5 Replies

Making background Text transparent, changing the transparency percentage

Good afternoon, 

I was wondering if there is a way to change the % of transparency on the background of the annotation text. When I check the properites of the text, I can change from Opaque to transparent, but I can't adjust the level of transparency from 0 to 100 as per other objects. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Seems like it's more of a Toggle function, either the background is visible (Opaque) or it is not visible (Transparent)

Within the Options you can only change the color of the background:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-4E9F0CC4-5447-46A1-B291-F1D93F72DE4C

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 3 of 6

Edit: never mind, it doesn't work.

"Try to create selection filter that includes the text, add it to the view and change the transparency %."

Message 4 of 6

So you're after something like this?  

SEMI-TRANSPARENT.png

Message 5 of 6

Yes exactly, a semi transparent background for the text is what I would like to achieve! 

Message 6 of 6

I Think I might have a solution/workaround:

Transparent background.jpg

I have created a new 'Detail Item' family (width/height are parametric) with the solid fill pattern in color White.

Than in the view set the detail items to transparency.

Or use the 'Comments' parameter to set to Background and create a filter for Detail Items with 'Comments' equals 'Background' to show transparent.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report