Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make window frame cut exterior finish on lower stacked wall

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
noakesDNUQV
474 Views, 8 Replies

Make window frame cut exterior finish on lower stacked wall

I have created a building with two stacked exterior walls where the base wall extends out an inch or so past the top wall. The walls are joined together. When I host the window on the top wall the frame does not cut the exterior rock finish. How can I change this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: noakesDNUQV

Share the window family and we can fix it.

Message 3 of 9
noakesDNUQV

I appreciate the offer but found out  a solution. The solution was to create an opening encompassing the frame and it cut the stone.

Message 4 of 9
noakesDNUQV

Edit: Ok that actually was not the solution as it cut into the building as well. I will post the .rfa

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

I added a void in the window family and use Cut geometry to cut the lower part of the stacked wall with the window.  The void is a face base family with dimension parameters associated with the window family's parameters.  File is attached but it is 2022 (I don't have 2021).

ToanDN_0-1626302257452.png

Message 6 of 9
noakesDNUQV

So I stated something incorrect, I do not have a stacked wall I have two separate walls that are on top of each other. The lower wall ends at about 36" of the ground and the next wall starts and ends at 10'. I am using Revit 2021 and need the model to be in that version.
Message 7 of 9
noakesDNUQV
in reply to: ToanDN

I appreciate the help but I only have 2021 for now so I would appreciate it done in 2021.

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN

@noakesDNUQV wrote:
So I stated something incorrect, I do not have a stacked wall I have two separate walls that are on top of each other. The lower wall ends at about 36" of the ground and the next wall starts and ends at 10'. I am using Revit 2021 and need the model to be in that version.

It works the same with two walls on top of each other.

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN

See screencast and you can do it yourself.

Note: I created a donut void in the screencast, which is unnecessary.  It can just be a simple box void.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/475af5ec-0f08-4b79-a159-e32b6e7caf54

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report