Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Line Based Revit Family Origin

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KarzanCM
856 Views, 1 Reply

Locking Line Based Revit Family Origin

Dears,

I have created a line based revit family that I am nesting in other family. The family consists of several trusses that need to be arrayed and rotated (basically a tower crane jib). The family works well and rotates well, but I need to FIX it's origin so that it always rotates around the same origin as it suddenly moves from the origin while I flex the family several times.

Note: I am trying to module a tower crane Jib that can be arrayed and rotated and the length and width of its module be changed. My approach was to create a parametric module (one unit) then nested that into a line based family so that I can array it there and give it a rotation parameter, then nested that to the main family host. I will appreciate any other tips or approaches to achieve my goal in other ways

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: KarzanCM

Rotating objects in Revit is normally done with nested work plane based families attached to Reference Lines (not Planes).

A site that helped me a lot can be found HERE.

It explains how to rotate objects around three axis (but can of course be limited to one)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report