Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked CAD file appears in Front of 3D objects in Sheet

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alfaiz.shaikh
270 Views, 4 Replies

Linked CAD file appears in Front of 3D objects in Sheet

Hello,

So, im preparing a cable tray layout in Revit, Sheets. 

I have linked a floor plan as CAD file for the background and modelled some Cable Trays.

So, while i print the final layout from the Sheets, the Linked Cad file which is floor plan appears in Front in respect to 3D objects which is cable trays. 

How can i send the Floor Plan below the Trays? Plz help. Ill attach a Snap shot for refrence.

P.S - The FLoor Plan is linked on level 0.00mm while are trays are modelled on higher elevations

Refrence - tray.JPG

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: alfaiz.shaikh

Did you link the DWG with or without Current view only box cheched? Select the DWG and see if you have Background/foreground option.

Message 3 of 5
alfaiz.shaikh
in reply to: ToanDN

While i link file, The "Current View" box is not accessible. And its Unchecked by default.

While , i dont see any Background/Foreground option if i select the drawing

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: alfaiz.shaikh

Sounds like you linked it in 3d so the box is unchecked by default and because of that, background foreground option is not available. Try link it in a plan view, check the box, and change it to background see it makes a difference. 

Message 5 of 5
alfaiz.shaikh
in reply to: ToanDN

Perfect. Its done. Thank You

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators