Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Revit Dialogue Does Not Display

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
anthonymctigue
472 Views, 6 Replies

Link Revit Dialogue Does Not Display

I have a bit of an unusual one.  On the Insert Tab, when I click on Link Revit, the dialogue box that allows me to browse and link in a Revit file does not display.  The other icons grey out and the main Revit interface is inactive until I press escape so Revit seems to think that the dialogue has displayed.  I get similar behaviour when I try to launch the Link Revit dialogue using Manage Link (see attached screenshots).  I have also tried the various Windows 10 commands for cascade and stack windows but I cannot see it anywhere.  Has anyone ever encountered this and how does one go about fixing it?

Main Revit Interface before pressing Link Revit

16.11.28 - SCREENSHOT 01 - BEFORE LINK REVIT PRESSED.JPG

Main Revit Interface after pressing Link Revit

16.11.28 - SCREENSHOT 02 - AFTER LINK REVIT PRESSED.JPG

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I forgot to add, the Link IFC, Link CAD, DWF Markup, Decal, and Point Cloud dialogues all display correctly. 

Message 3 of 7

Maybe the dialog box is opening in a second monitor. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 7

Alfredo,

thanks for your suggestion however I have checked this and it is not the case.  I also tried the various Windows 10 tile/cascade tools but still could not see where it is hiding.  I also tried disconnecting all monitors (I normally use 3) except one but still could not see it.

Anthony

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: anthonymctigue

have you find you solution? i also faced the same problem.

Message 6 of 7
anthonymctigue
in reply to: Anonymous

Nazrul,

Apologies for the delay in response.  I have been overseas for the last few weeks and just getting caught up on everything that has happened during that time.  Unfortunately I have not had any luck with this and it certainly seems to be an odd one. 

Anthony

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: anthonymctigue

Hi anthony, i have found the solution for this. but it's quite ridiculous. the dialog box appear on my colleague second screen. it solve.

my case is i work with my colleague screen. then when he came back i continue with my 2nd screen. then the dialog box not appear in my 2nd screen. suddently when i just try to connect back to my colleague 2nd screen its back to normal.

*you need to use the same screen where you transfer the dialog box.

thanks.
nazrul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report