Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link CAD Help

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ben
Collaborator
336 Views, 4 Replies

Link CAD Help

I have a 3 story building that was drawn in CAD and 2nd & 3rd floors are almost identical. For 2nd & 3rd floors, in CAD, the architect just used the same floor plan (didn't make a duplicate) and overlapped a few things like room numbers (put "Room 302" right over the top of "Room 202") and just made two different pages in CAD and somehow hid the 2nd for labels for the 3rd floor sheet and vise versa. When I link in the CAD file I get both of the labels showing up over the top of each other. I tried linking the CAD file in twice (once on 2nd floor and once on 3rd floor) and tried deleting layers, but when I deleted the layer for the label in one link it deleted them in both links.

What is the proper way to link these in so that 2nd floor things only show up on 2nd floor, and 3rd floor things only show up on 3rd floor?

RevitRevitCAD ModelCAD ModelCAD LayoutCAD Layout

Revit lives in the land of perfect and doesn't understand what construction is.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: ben

Unless I missed something---

Sounds like you need to edit the Cad file, and put the labels for each floor on separate layers.

Then you can turn them on/off in your Revit project / floor plans.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
ben
Collaborator
in reply to: cbcarch

They're on separate layers. I just don't know how to turn off different layers of the linked cad model in Revit. VG's has room tags, but it doesn't have layers "2-room names 96" and "3-room names 96". If it were only room tags it wouldn't be a big deal, but there are some rooms, other than guest rooms, that are different (i.e. 2nd floor a room is a guest laundry & 3rd floor the room is a maintenance room with a mob sink etc.)

2.png

3.png

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: ben

You need to VG each View and turn off the CAD link's room tag layer not used for that level.  Repeat for the other view and turn off the other layer.

Message 5 of 5
ben
Collaborator
in reply to: ToanDN

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators