Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Style for specific Design Option

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kjskoog
490 Views, 5 Replies

Line Style for specific Design Option

We have a Design Option created in a project and we want to have everything in that Option to be dashed. Is there way to have to accomplish this without applying a graphic override on all the objects? 

Also I am having my intern create a new Phase to accomplish this to see if it's easier. We already have the Design Options created but the Project Architect wants to see each Option dashed.

Thank you.

Kory Skoog

Project Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: kjskoog

There is not a straight forward way to do this.  Maybe you could add a project parameter to all categories that was "optional" or something and then make a filter on the view looking for elements tagged "optional" and then apply the filter/override based on the parameter? That might be easier than overriding every element.

Here is an example where I did this, I used the "Comments" system parameter and populated it with "Optional" and then created a view filter to change the elements based on that value.

2019-06-05_1114.png 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

@kjskoog wrote:

We have a Design Option created in a project and we want to have everything in that Option to be dashed. Is there way to have to accomplish this without applying a graphic override on all the objects? 

I don't now how would you accomplish something like this without applying graphic overrides.  I gather you mean you are looking for  Global "override", as opposed to View override.  I don't now how you would get there.  But applying a Graphic Override to all the DO elements' Projection and/or Cut Line Patterns in a View could be done by simply activating the DO in the View and applying GO's by Elements.  

Interesting thread/challenge.  Following....

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

Draw the Do in a specific workset then you can create a filter using the workset as the criteria.
Message 5 of 6
kjskoog

Probably not the best way to accomplish this but I created another phase and in the Graphic Overrides I made the linetype dashed for both Projection and Cut and selected halftone. When creating the Option I used the "Future" Phase and was able to get what we wanted. 

Thank you everyone for your replies. All good to try.

Happy Reviting

Kory Skoog

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
Message 6 of 6
kjskoog
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank you for the idea.

Kory Skoog

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report