Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line showing in Ceiling after wall is demolished

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
martinvittone
635 Views, 3 Replies

Line showing in Ceiling after wall is demolished

Hi there, 

I have a ceiling with a featured bulkhead hanging from it that needs to be demolished in a new phase.

When I demolish the bulkhead and apply the phase filter 'Show Previous + New', a ghost rectangle is still showing in the ceiling where the wall used to be, even though it has no split faces or paint  or lines or anything. The ceiling is all at the same level, and it is has the same boundary.

What am I missing? 

Below a screenshot of the RCP with the ghost line in the ceiling after demolition, and applying filter 'Show previous + New'.

I know is not major, but I hate fudging. Thanks

Ceiling line.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Let's have a look at it. Post the file. 

Message 3 of 4
kadmonkee
in reply to: martinvittone

that is showing the limit of demolition and the new infill

try using the show complete Phase filter 

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: martinvittone

@martinvittone 

Most likely the line you see is the border between the Old Ceiling and the New Infill based on the phasing filters override but it could also be of other reasons

ceiling filter.png

Show Previous + New filter

1. If the ceiling has been originally sketched around the bulkhead (edit ceiling and check boundary) => there is an opening after demolishing the  bulkhead and which is closed out with an infill phased NEW - In such case the line is the border between Existing and New
  2. If ceiling has been modeled complete for the whole space then cut out using:
    • using a vertical opening or shaft tool, those inherit the Demolished Phase as per host (i.e.: ceiling) and cannot be demolished separately => no infill and the border line of the VO or Shaft remain
    • using a cutting element modeled using door or window family; the opening should also be demolished and in this case an automatic infill will be added Phased NEW and the border line will show between Existing and New

The order for that border line not to show in Previous + New filter:

A. Either - Change/Remove Phase Filter and/or PF Overrides

B. OR - All Ceiling elements are same Phase

EDIT: someone might also suggest that you use linework 🙂

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report