Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Head at Existing Structure

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
michael.moureau
660 Views, 2 Replies

Level Head at Existing Structure

I am a structural engineer with the task of adding a new access walkway to an existing platform.  We have various elevations called out for the new/existing steel and I would like to edit the elevation marker at the existing level to not have the filled in quadrants that the default level marker uses.  See attached screenshot.  This is a standard we've been using for years, so I'd like to find a way to easily integrate it into our templates.  So, is there a way to create a "toggle switch" within the properties, parameters or family that will turn on/off the quadrant fill effect"?  If not, is there an easy way to replicate the "Level Head - Circle" family, call it "Level Head - Circle (Existing)", change it to look the way we want, and assign it to whichever levels apply?  Is there a way we can make it viewport specific, so that if we have existing and new steel at the same elevation we can adjust the level marker as needed on a detail-by-detail basis?

Those screencasts are extremely useful if someone has the time 😃

Thanks in advance!

Michael

TLDR: What's the easiest way to change a level head to have four empty quadrants?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am wondering about the workflow. Are you working from an as-built, or are you modeling both conditions in the same project. But, yes, you can use two distinctive level markers in the same project, but...do you really want two levels, two structures occupying the same space in the same project? 

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: michael.moureau

@michael.moureau

Select a level, edit type and note the symbol name. Look for the symbol under family browser/ annotations, and edit to open the family. Save as a new symbol family, remove the fill regions and load it in project. Select a level again, edit type, duplicate to a new type and replace the symbol with the one you just loaded in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators