Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser Scan Model

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
410 Views, 1 Reply

Laser Scan Model

Hi,

I have received a Laser Scan model of a small fuel tank system and the scan is in a Revit file format. The main content is of various piping routes, valves and small tanks. If I want to input information on each individual asset such as the piping and valves, what is the best practice in Autodesk Revit to create this detail?

I am not and Revit user but it is part of the collection we have access to at my work that allows me to open and reference this drawing file.

I am aware that a laser scan could also have included this fine detail, but it was not part of the original survey.

Can anyone provide links to any AutoCad tutorials that I could watch that show you how to populate equipment parts with details.

I have attached a pdf file of the model for reference.

Anyone with advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Niall

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understand correctly, you want to attribute metadata to the Revit objects (pipes, accessories, fittings, equipment, etc.).

You can select an object (i.e. pipe fitting), go to Type Properties and see the existing parametric data.  If you need to add more, select "Edit Family" in the contextual Ribbon to open the family and then add the parameters you want in there.  Save the file, load it back into the project (choose top option to reinsert).  New family will have metadata you want so you can schedule out that data.

Rinse and repeat for all families.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report