Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dsalvagni
235 Views, 4 Replies

Labels

I am trying to make a Cover Sheet Family for my firm I want to add a label titled "structural Engineer Name" and make it project based so that when I insert the coversheet into my drawing the structural engineer firms name appears.  I have created the shared file and when i go and link it in my project I get an invisible question mark I want it to appear as "structural firm Name" like it does for owner name and not be a question mark, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  I have made the shared parameter in the project and I had also made the parameter with the label in the coversheet family but i cant seem to get it to appear the way i want.  

dsalvagni_0-1588700080346.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Samantha-G
in reply to: dsalvagni

Hi @dsalvagni 

Can you post the titleblock, and any other information that may be needed?

Sam G, CM-BIM
Revit Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

Did you use the EXACT same Shared Parameter for the Title Block Label and for the Project Parameter? What did you assign the Project Shared Parameter to? Project Information? Sheets?  The Question Mark indicates that a field value has not been entered. It's blank. Can you double-click the Question Mark and enter a Value?  

...more to come...

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

@dsalvagni wrote:

I am trying to make a Cover Sheet Family for my firm I want to add a label titled "structural Engineer Name" and make it project based so that when I insert the coversheet into my drawing the structural engineer firms name appears.  I have created the shared file and when i go and link it in my project I get an invisible question mark I want it to appear as "structural firm Name" like it does for owner name and not be a question mark, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  I have made the shared parameter in the project and I had also made the parameter with the label in the coversheet family but i cant seem to get it to appear the way i want.  

Blue and green, they must be the same shared parameter, from the same shared parameter file.  Just delete the one project and add again, point to the same one you use in the family.

Message 5 of 5
lumbera_darwin

Hi @dsalvagni ,

You need to add into the project the same shared parameter you used in the family under "Sheets" category for you to be able to edit the value.

Label.jpg

Regards,

Dar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report