Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label doesn't reflect parameter value

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Inerin
1147 Views, 8 Replies

Label doesn't reflect parameter value

Hi, I have a problem where I have set up a shared parameter which has been added to the project as a instance - Project based parameter. 

I have then added the shared parameter to a label within the titleblock. and loaded the titleblock to the project. I have used dynamo so that the parameter is linked to the N/S value of the survey point and this works well within the properties bar. But the value as noted on the titleblock itself does not change as per the value in the properties bar even though it is the same shared parameter. 

Does anyone have any ideas of how to solve this? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Sahay_R
in reply to: Inerin

Is it a text based parameter? Most probably that is why it won't talk to the N/S value. Try changing from a text based parameter (if that is what you are using) to a number one, and adding a formula, where the shared parameter is equal to N/S value/1. The /1 will convert it from degrees to numbers.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 9
Inerin
in reply to: Sahay_R

I've tried changing it to a number parameters and it doesn't link it.  It is as if the parameters box is not linked to the titleblock somehow. As the image shows that I have attached the shared parameters within the red boxes are the same shared parameter but shows as two different values. 

the values within the properties bar is linked to the Project North and shows up as I want. But the label within the titleblock I can change separately. 

I would like the label to show the value in the properties box. 

I would like the coordinates for the survey and project point and the angle to true north to be noted as text on the titleblock and to be automaticly updated when these coordinates change.

Any good ideas?

Message 4 of 9
Sahay_R

Again - Create the number parameter

Number parameter = Angle parameter/1

For good ideas - sharing of a file would be helpful.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 5 of 9
FAIR59

For this scenario to work, you have to assign the shared project parameter to the Project Information category.

Message 6 of 9
Sahay_R
in reply to: FAIR59

Another approach - I tried creating an angle Shared Parameter, adding it to a label which was then inserted into my titleblock family and associated to the (I pretended, since I don't have the actual parameter) True North parameter which you have received from Dynamo. 

Capture.PNG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 7 of 9
barthbradley

I'm confused. There's no survey point in sheet view. That's where your titleblock is; right? 

Can you post something pictorial to clarify what you're trying to do? Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Inerin
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank you all for replying and for your help!

Unfortunately I am not allowed to share the project, I would if I could. I am going to try an explain better below and I have added a photo of by title block with the properties bar. 

1. I created a shared parameter which is angle based. 

2. Added this parameter to the project under project information

3. Opened the titleblock family and made a family parameter called "Angle to True North" so that it links to the parameter within the project base point and allows me to set up dynamo to change this parameter in the family to reflect the actual true north angle of the project. 

4. This works with my north arrow which updates in accordance with the Project true North Angle. 

5. Added the shared parameter to a label within the title block

6. changed the parameters so that the shared parameter="Angle To True North" (I Have tried changing the shared parameter to a number parameter and adding" /1" but this doesn't work)

7. I loaded the titleblock into the project and as you may see from the extract below the properties bar shows different values than the label. the orange boxes should be the same and the red boxes should be the same. Where the values in the properties bar reflect the value of the project survey point/north angle.

SnapnSend2.png

Message 9 of 9
FAIR59

Title-blocks can read the project information directly. No need to push the parameter-value into the titleblock with Dynamo, write the value of angle2North to the project information instead.

In the titleblock family make a label, and add your shared Parameter (angle2North) as the label-parameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report