Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynote Legend Formatting

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4743 Views, 5 Replies

Keynote Legend Formatting

So I recently stumbled across a screenshot of a very clean looking keynote legend (see attached). I'm wondering if anyone has any idea on how to format the keynote legend to look like the one in the photo? If so, what are the exact steps? How does one add the revision and keynote icons within the cell that corresponds to the respective keynote description?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks fake, a Keynote Legend cannot have 3 columns.  It's more like a Noteblock with the square symbols added manually on sheet to align with the numbers.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

The keynote symbology showing up in every keynote is not possible in Revit.

When creating a Keynote Legend there are only 2 Parameter options (Key Value, Keynote Text)

The only way the Spec Section Parameters could be shown in the Legend is if this not truly a legend but a Schedule with Generic Annotations for keynotes. Even if that is the case someone would have to manually move the rectangular symbol down for every keynote. See here for more on the Generic Annotation Method

Out of the box Revit keynotes are very limited.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

After watching that video and playing around in Revit a bit, I think you're exactly right; they're probably Generic Annotations, not annotations. I was able to replicate the structure of the example with a Note Block Schedule and using a blank Calculated Field Parameter as a way to adjust the row heights simply by changing the font size of that blank column. I couldn't figure out how to get the cell borders to come out exact by using the Borders settings, so I had to resort to drawing those in manually using detail lines. As long as I don't change the width of those cells, it should be fine. Getting the "icons" follows the same principle; you just need to draw them in. See attached. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I would personally have these borders as a YES/NO parameter in the titleblock family for consistency across all sheets.

I believe you can 'pin' the Schedule on the sheet to make sure no one moves it while still having the ability to add cells. In addition you could create a Reference Line or Guide Grid to snap the circle symbology to.

Please mark as solution if this helps you out.

Message 6 of 6
dgillen

Ya, the original image (above) was made in autocad.  I have been able to make a similar one by editting the keynote text file and just typing in the spec section followed by a dash where the key text is.  It is a simple work around to include section and keynote text together.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report