Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join slab with foundation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mairh_tsek
487 Views, 7 Replies

Join slab with foundation

Hello all,

I need to create the foundation (structural foundation element) in our project and to join it with the slab. The slab is a generic model element which we copied it from the architects (image 1). It seems that they imported it and it is not a Revit element. 

The slab is complicated with different slopes. Any idea what can I do ? 

P.S. If I expord the slab in the Autocad it is a polyphase Mesh. 

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: mairh_tsek

Not sure I understand. Are you saying that you want to join (as in Join Geometry) a Revit element with a NON-Revit element?  You cannot.  

Message 3 of 8
mairh_tsek
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, in the second image it seems that it is an imported element. How is it possible to create a slab in revit from this element? The snaps or the pick lines dont work.

Thank you !

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

Sounds like you are saying that you want to recreate the NON-Revit geometry as Revit Geometry, but cannot snap to the NON-Revit geometry in order to trace it.  Is that right?  Got dimensions coming in with that NON-Revit geometry?   

Message 5 of 8
mairh_tsek

Yes, I want to find a way to create this slab in revit in order after to be able to joint the foundation with it. When I explode the element in Revit, I get the message ' Import contained some 3D data or points which can't be exploded. ' and after it is deleted. 

' Got dimensions coming in with that NON-Revit geometry?   ' ..sorry I dont understand, which dimensions?

Do you have any other idea ?

Thank you! 

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

@mairh_tsek wrote:

' Got dimensions coming in with that NON-Revit geometry?   ' ..sorry I dont understand, which dimensions?

Is this NON-Revit slab dimensioned? In other words, do you have any construction information shown, or were you just provided the modeled slab.  If not, to don't have enough information to build it in Revit -- or at least build it accurately.  Obviously, you can guestimate, but that's art work , not BIM work.  

Post what you were provided. I'll take a look at it and advise.  

Message 7 of 8
mairh_tsek

No, I dont have any information, only the slab modeled. 

I will try to find if there is any way to convert the element in autocad into lines and after to imported in revit. maybe the snaps will work in this case. 

Thank you in advance! 

Message 8 of 8
barthbradley

Sounds like a plan, but I would still want construction info along with the model to verify that the translation is accurate.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report