Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to AUTO-numbering on schedules?

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
danezeq
5884 Views, 30 Replies

Is there anyway to AUTO-numbering on schedules?

i'm trying to number all items at once, without the need to do it one by one manually.
is there any way to do it in one act like in excel?attachment.jpg

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
Mark.Ackerley
in reply to: danezeq

Heya,

If you need a Dynamo output, the Dynamo Forum is a great place to post...  https://forum.dynamobim.com/

Here is the most simple way to do as you ask, all using out of the box nodes, so it should just work for you.  I am running Dynamo 2.0.3 so hopefully you are on at least version 2, otherwise it will give you an error when you open it.

Hopefully that helps,

Mark

Capture.png

Message 22 of 31

Here is a slightly more sophisticated version... Still using OOTB nodes... Hopefully that gives you enough clues to create your own labels.

To take it further, people often use a 'spline' to determine the order in which rooms should be numbered.  If you start a thread at the Dynamo forum, I'm sure people will help.

Cheers,

Mark

Capture1.png

Message 23 of 31
danezeq
in reply to: Mark.Ackerley

thanks mark

I'm running it and nothing happen

i guess i need to configure it  into the project somehow.

btw thie project doesnt have rooms marks, it's just mark for specielty equipment.

Message 24 of 31
Mark.Ackerley

Hey,

Sorry... try this?

Capture2.png

Message 25 of 31
danezeq

Great! done it!!!

first time ever i get a working result from dynamo!

it's totally random but i will have to learn dynamo and maybe give it some rules of sorting.

Can you please help me add a letter (fixed letter) in the beginning of the number?

like A1,A2,A3.....A300..

that way the next time i will run it i can change the letter and this will be like the "version mark" so  i wont get confused.

Message 26 of 31
Mark.Ackerley

Great 🙂

Like this perhaps?

Capture3.png

Message 27 of 31
danezeq

Terrific!

this script will never override older marks with a new number right?

i mean if ill add new special equipment items, no matter where they're located - they'll get a higher number mark on the next script run, right?

Message 28 of 31
Mark.Ackerley

Hi,

This will number all Speciality Equipments with a new 'Mark' when run.

If you want to filter out the ones which already have a number, and add new numbers to the ones which are not yet numbered, it'll be a bit more work... Something like this will get you close?  I've run out of time today I'm afraid... If it's not working for you, please post to the Dynamo forum... 

Capture4.png

Message 29 of 31
danezeq

i didn't mean to ask you creating more dynmo files. the last one is good enough!

Actually i think the one you've uploaded before, is doing fine already. that is: i think it doesnt override the already numbered values with another number.

Message 30 of 31
Mark.Ackerley

Hey,

No worries, as an FYI... you need to be really careful with Dynamo graphs... the Automation can be very dangerous, so I would be very cautious and really check before you run the graph and after... After you have run the Dynamo you can always undo.

Cheers,

Mark

Message 31 of 31
Khadourwaseem

I have actually foung a way,
You can find it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Z3f1pgyPE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report