Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an Education/Student version of Revit LT available?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
stevenlh
3227 Views, 7 Replies

Is there an Education/Student version of Revit LT available?

I am a student and have a student version of Revit 2017.  I'm assisting another student who has Revit LT 2019, whose files of course I cannot open in Revit 2017.  Is there is a Revit LT 2019 student version available?  If not now, any plans to introduce education/student versions of Revit LT?  I see that Autodesk has student versions of both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT; would be nice to have same with Revit.

If there is no Revit LT student version, I'll probably try the 30-day trial, or else see if I can get by having the other student export files to IFC format...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Avaris.
in reply to: stevenlh
Message 3 of 8
damo3

Just to be clear, you don't need LT to open LT files. As the user above has linked you to, simply download a student version of Revit 2019. Full version can open LT files, there are just some limitations if you do things in full version that you may not be able to access in LT, such as filters.
You may find more info here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVTLT/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-89BACB84-7B3F-44E3-A4A9-73507FAF23E3

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 8
stevenlh
in reply to: damo3

Thanks, Damo3.  I understand I don't need LT to open LT files.  I don't want to upgrade from Revit 2017 (which I have currently) to 2019, as the school I attend has Revit 2017.  If I were to upgrade, files I work on at home wouldn't be readable on the school's computers.  I'm assuming that I can't have both Revit 2017 and 2019 running concurrently on the same PC.  But I thought perhaps both Revit 2017 and Revit LT 2019 could coexist on the same PC.  Since there doesn't seem to be a student version of Revit LT 2019 available, I may have to download a trial version of it to solve my issue for the time being.

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

if the software is not listed here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured then its not available under the education license

the only option for revit lt is to do a trial or buy atleast a monthly subscription

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
stevenlh
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks, Darren.  I had checked there before, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, or thought perhaps I might find out about plans to add Revit LT to the list of education software.  Seems the options you mention are my best bet for now.

Message 7 of 8
damo3

Well lucky for you, you are assuming wrong. Unless someone knows something I don't, you can install multiple versions of Revit on your PC as a student. My students sometimes need to do it due to how versions are spread across the campus and priority of trying to keep up with upgrades.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 8 of 8
stevenlh
in reply to: damo3

Thanks, Damo, that's great to know, that different versions of Revit can coexist on the same machine.  I've installed a 30-day trial version of Revit LT 2019, but once the trial is up I'll try installing the student version of Revit 2019.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report