Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Elevations

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
811 Views, 8 Replies

Internal Elevations

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help, I am having problems creating internal room elevations.  When they are creating the scope box is only 150mm high so I have to drag the box to uncover the wall, but when I do this for a internal staircase it generated everything at the correct heights - can anyone offer any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbcarch
in reply to: Anonymous

I think this might be caused by a Floor--or an additional Floor on top of the basic floor at the Level--as Revit seeks out the base Level and Level above by default when generating an elevation view.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cbcarch

Cheers,

any idea how I rectify it?  I have doen the same thing through a stair case area... same model but it woks fine...

Message 4 of 9
cbcarch

No solution I know of, other than deleting the additional finish floor, then create all your elevations, then re-create the finish floor.

I suspect there is no finish floor at the stair location which is why it works as expected, seeking the floor above at the next Level.

Cliff B. Collins
Message 5 of 9
loboarch

You would have to not model the conditions with 2 floors. You would need to place one floor with multiple layers.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 9
chrisplyler

First: A Scope Box is a very specific element in Revit. Creating an elevation view does not automatically also create a Scope Box. I know what you meant - you meant the crop boundary - but I want to make the distinction because what I'm going to say next depends on you understanding the distinction.

Next: I've never been able to recognize a pattern and decifer how Revit decides what crop heights to use when you create an elevation. I've had them crop right to the extents of all modeled elements, I've had them crop to Levels. I've had them crop uselessly high up above the roof. Contrary to the post above, they do not just automatically crop between two Levels. You could make a Scope Box and then associate your desired elevation views to it. This will make their crop boundaries uniform, and you can control all of them at once by adjusting the one Scope Box that they are associated to.

Message 7 of 9
cbcarch
in reply to: chrisplyler

Yes--this is a tricky thing, which has always been a bit "mysterious".

To clarify---They seem to crop to the next "floor" above--not Level. (i.e. if you model a thin finish floor on top of the base floor, a new elevation "seeks" out

the thin floor and crops to it.)

And, it appears that by default, that elevations do crop to a point above or below the Levels which exist before placing the elevation.

I confirmed this with a test, by creating a new Project. Placed a Wall in Level 1 Plan. Created a new Elevation. It crops to a point ( not sure what controls how far above/below?) the lowest and highest Levels.

FWIW, The Scope Box will not control how they crop by default. The elevation may be cropped after placement by selecting the Scope Box in Properties.

Cliff B. Collins
Message 8 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: cbcarch

My crop boundary always starts from the bottom of the Floor of the current Level, and extends to the bottom of the Ceiling or Floor above.  If I somehow have another Floor (Floor2) @1" on top the current Level Floor, the crop boundary only extends to that 1", which is similar to what you described.

I don't usually care about the elevation crop boundaries since I will have to stretch them all sides and add a masking region with a hole to get the look that I want anyways.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I am having a problem with interior elevations not cropping to any bounding elements. We use linked models from architects and then commence with all of our interiors work from there. I typically select the linked model and through the type properties, select the option to allow room bounding. My assumption is that this should allow my interior elevation views to be bound to the ceiling above, floor below and walls to either side. As it sits now, I have to manually crop each view. Another work around is to create a scope box for each room type that then can be used to crop my views. I'd prefer not to have to do that and have a recollection of the interior elevations being bound to levels and other bounding elements in the past. Am I missing a setting or something?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report