Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Solidworks to Revit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
charrisonJUBML
347 Views, 5 Replies

Importing Solidworks to Revit

I’m trying to find a way to reliable import solidworks models into Revit and have them follow the same visual style.

I essentially want everything to be shaded with edges or at least hidden line.

So far, I can export my Solidworks model to .STEP > Import into AutoCAD and then export as .DWG > Import in to revit. When I do this, I run into issues with not being able to use section views.

Another option I found is to do the same thing as above, but import the .DWG into Navisworks, and then link it as a coordination model. With that I get just a grey blob. Its all just shaded and I can’t pull dimensions off of it, but it does cut the model with a section view I guess.

Any one else have any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: charrisonJUBML

Export to SAT > Import SAT in a cut-able family (can be an external or in-place family)

Message 3 of 6
charrisonJUBML
in reply to: ToanDN

I am trying to do this, but I am running into troubles with this error. I am having a hard time researching what this error even means. 

Error 1.png

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

@charrisonJUBML wrote:

I’m trying to find a way to reliable import solidworks models into Revit and have them follow the same visual style.

I essentially want everything to be shaded with edges or at least hidden line.

So far, I can export my Solidworks model to .STEP > Import into AutoCAD and then export as .DWG > Import in to revit. When I do this, I run into issues with not being able to use section views.

Another option I found is to do the same thing as above, but import the .DWG into Navisworks, and then link it as a coordination model. With that I get just a grey blob. Its all just shaded and I can’t pull dimensions off of it, but it does cut the model with a section view I guess.

Any one else have any ideas?

Then there is some issue with the source file that you need to solve before importing it in Revit.  You can share the DWG or SAT here so we can take a look.

Message 5 of 6
charrisonJUBML
in reply to: ToanDN

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

@charrisonJUBML wrote:

Hi, 

Please see attached for the sat file. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ds0OVbRqJEhfZLA9VfWWFE4ASLuyRZm9/view?usp=sharing

Sorry none of the programs I have (AutoCAD 2022, FormIt Pro) can read the SAT file.  How did you generate the SAT file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report