Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Sketchup model material not showing metalic, always mat colour?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
JacobDSimpson
2736 Views, 1 Reply

Imported Sketchup model material not showing metalic, always mat colour?

Hey guys,

I've imported a Sketch up mass into my model and when I try go on to object styles and imported objects section to change my material, it is set to copper that is polished and the use render appearance is ticket.

When I use ray trace to do a quick render in the model it shows as metallic, as well as when I render in the model, however when I send ANY render to the cloud it comes up as a dull, none metallic brown.

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Jacob

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Viveka_CD
in reply to: JacobDSimpson

Hi @JacobDSimpson

There are certain restrictions when it comes to materials when sketch-up up models are imported:

Two-sided surfaces: If a material or color is assigned to only one side of a surface in Trimble® SketchUp, Revit applies the material or color to both sides of the surface by default. If there is material on both sides of the surface, Revit applies the Face 1 material to both sides. If faces are flipped and painted differently in SketchUp, they may not display the correct material in Revit.

However please consider the the recommendations HERE before importing a SKP file from Trimble® SketchUp® into Revit.

Also see Best Practices for Importing Masses HERE

See HERE for more information on Rendering with Autodesk 360 Cloud vs Local (mainly due to the difference in rendering engine)

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report