Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported image is not showing in other computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
526 Views, 2 Replies

Imported image is not showing in other computer

Hi All, 

I'm having a problem as I have downloaded an image from online and imported it into Revit as the wall material, and it shows fine in my computer but if I open my Revit project in someone's else computer it does not show that material anymore? 

Anyone can help? 

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Images you assign to materials are not loaded into the project. They are linked into the project.

You can see this when you hover over the image name.

Capture.PNG

So you would have to put the images  also on the other computer. And on the other computer you would have to place the images in the same directory or relink them.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All, 

I'm having a problem as I have downloaded an image from online and imported it into Revit as the wall material, and it shows fine in my computer but if I open my Revit project in someone's else computer it does not show that material anymore? 

Anyone can help? 

Thank you! 

Makes sense to me.  You have something on your computer that the other computer doesn't.  If you click on the image's name below the image on your material's  Appearance Tab, where is it pulling the image from? From a folder on your computer or from a folder on the other computer? 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Revit-Customize/files/GUID-2C433EBB-0FC9-410B-B0F4-4B022ADC7DC7-htm.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report