Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images in Schedules

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rsanford
509 Views, 6 Replies

Images in Schedules

Hi all,
I am trying to re-invent my legend for design drawings and have tried to use Type Images in families. The struggle I have had is the symbol sizes are all different sizes and ten column height and width modify the image size and you end up with some large and some small images and it looks terrible.
I have been trying to make all images 300x300.
Any recommendations?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: rsanford

You should have created the images yourself so they would be sized and cropped properly.

Message 3 of 7
rsanford
in reply to: ToanDN

I have created the images my self but find that they still vary size in the schedule. What size images are you using?
Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

I always Zoom Extent and do a fixed region screen grab so they come out the same size.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

Forgot to mentioned, those are 600 x 700. I could have reduced it to 300 x 350 or even smaller if I was not lazy.
Message 6 of 7
rsanford
in reply to: ToanDN

Toan -

Thanks for the reply.

We're still struggling with a good way to get the images of our symbols into the schedule. The issue we're struggling with is when we crop or re-size the image in paint we lose quality or our text height (standard 3/32" / 9" Height) becomes distorted.

What program are you using to capture and scale the Image?

Any way you can send me a quick video of what you do?

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

For those, I open the families, activate 3d view, zoom extent, use free PicPick app to capture a fixed region screenshot, and save as PNG.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report